This Friday we completed the second full week back to school which went fabulous, but it ended in a meeting that left me out of sorts. I allowed myself to become bitter and I brought the negativity home with me, which is never fun for my family.
I decided I needed to put a stop to it and take a moment to reflect on the more popular moments of the week that I’m thankful for. A strategy I recommend for anyone looking to turn their mood around!
- Celebrating McKinley’s Birthday…she is officially a teenager!
- Hearing Mick’s team (and the opposing team) sing Happy Birthday to her
- Soccer, soccer, and more soccer
- Cole’s Cross Country Meets
- Messages from former students
- Continuing to keep up with my blog
- Hearing all is healthy at my doctor’s appointment and listening to his heartbeat
- Some amazing students…nobody will ever see or understand those little moments that go on inside my classroom
- Surprise breakfast sandwich from my amazing co-worker
- Surprising one of our co-workers with a thoughtful gift who is a first time grandfather
- Everyone being able to SEE the baby kick…lil guy is active and strong
- Hearing my Grandfather on the phone…after his stroke I was unsure if he would recover and he is slowly, but surely making improvements! He is the most strong, stubborn, fighter I know!
- Going through baby names with Craig…always fun…he thinks it’s hilarious when I start yelling the name out like he’s in trouble or he’s about to score a goal…we have to know how it will sound, right?
- Apple Crisp with vanilla ice cream in bed…compliments of Craig
- Our first daycare tour…a gofundme page is coming soon…haha!
- Buying some more maternity clothes…having more options in the morning makes it more likely to have a positive start to the day
- Cole playing bass for homecoming
- Grandpa licking the container out of the Apple Crisp we brought him…haha
- Our first visit to Brighton Farmer’s Market–who doesn’t love live music, fresh food, beautiful weather, food trucks, plants, and holding hands with your man
- Snuggling with McKinley while she felt her lil brother kick
- Eating some amazing Italian food…Veal Parm is one of my favs!
- Cole going to his school dance
- Payday $$$$$
- A quick chat with a friend I haven’t talked to in a long time
- Healthy meals
- A man who wakes up early to make my lunch for work in the morning…all because he wants to…he even woke up extra early one morning this week to make egg salad for me
- Gramps feeling the baby kick again (to be honest I don’t think he was kicking at the time, but we will just let him believe he felt him)
- Receiving my Fabfitfun box…always fun when it comes
- The smell of the house as the turkey dinner is cooking
- Selling a couple items on Teachers Pay Teachers (who cares if I only made a dollar—still makes me happy)
Just a short list to remember all the wonderful moments from this past week. Next week will bring even more to be thankful for!
Share in a comment: What are you thankful for from this past week?