Thanksgiving is Thursday and what would it be without taking time to think about what we are thankful for. I could write a never-ending list of all the wonderful things God has blessed me with, but instead…
I decided to write a list of people who will be sitting at the table…
which one are you?
- The host: Are you the one who hosts dinner? Does all the planning, preparation, cooking, decorating, table setting, and often times, the one who cleans up as well.
- The cleaner: This one is not found at all tables, but when they are the host is much appreciative! They insist on helping to clear, rinse, pack up leftovers, and even wash and/or load the dish washer! They also usually offer to help set the table and lend a hand with anything else needed.
- The eater: This one does not just eat, but they are the first to mound the plate of food, and begin seconds before grace is even said. They are often the first one to pass out on the couch after too!
- The photographer: This one needs photos of everything…selfies with the food, the table setting, group shots, desserts…oh…just one more!
- The story teller: There is always one person who has a story ready to share with everyone…sometimes its of a memory of a past family gathering, embarrassing moment, or just some off topic tale of their adventure hiking over the summer.
- The gossiper: This one has the latest news about everyone in the family and is eager to share it with everyone. Usually this person is the social media junkie who repeats everything…”Did you see what Bob posted yesterday about Veronica?”
- The one with the wild child: There is always one person with the small child who is in that stage where they are just plain irritating…we’ve all been there, so which one of you have the honor this year?
- The eat and runner: This isn’t one who exercises after eating, but one who will eat dinner and then leave because they are avoiding any clean-up or interaction with others…I mean…leave because they have to stop at another family member’s home.
- The aspiring politician: The one who is ready to stir up conversation on a controversial topic just to hear everyone debate. They are ready with several hooks to throw out for anyone willing to take the bait.
- The sulky teen: We have all been that teenager at the Thanksgiving Day table at some point in our life…who is it this year?
With all the personality types Thanksgiving dinner usually comes together without any major issues, love is felt, laughter is heard, and memories are made ❤
Share in a comment: Which one are you sitting at the table or which one do you love most?
Follow Me on Instagram for More Photos