The one must every year for me is to take fall family pictures! The fall is my favorite season. I started years ago with just taking a few photos of the kids raking leaves, jumping in the pile we created, and going pumpkin picking.
It evolved into an event where more family members came and we took pictures of everyone. Due to schedule constraints the past few years we have decided to just keep it small with just us–it’s difficult as it is to plan to take them with keeping in mind the peak foliage time, work schedules, and the unpredictable Rochester weather.
We had to do them at 8:30am this year (I was worried we wouldn’t have enough sunlight), and the temperature was about 35°-40°, so we were all freeeeezing! There were even times where you could see our breath from talking and laughing that I thought it might ruin the shots. Even though we didn’t take as many as we usually do I’m thankful we were able to take the ones we did ❤
Our sneak peek collage from this year
Other Family Favorite Group Shots
Belly worshipping Favs ❤
We ended our hour session with McKinley in a tree as usual…
2013, 2016, and 2017 picture
Last year & this year (2016 & 2017)
Random Facts About Fall Family Picture Day
- There is much arguing and bickering prior to many of the shots
- Cole must flip and fluff his hair for every photo
- McKinley wore a pair of my shoes, and was not happy about it (she wanted to wear her Nike sneakers)
- A spare, handy towel was used for Craig’s runny nose
- This was the first year EVERYONE wore the same color (gray)…with the planned exception of me which we decided on purpose
- Autumn arrived on time which just doesn’t usually happen
- It was so cold that I didn’t switch my lens or settings like I should have
- We were unsure if we would have enough sunlight because Autumn had to be at work, so we had to work around her schedule
- It was about 35° out…burrrrrrrr
- Autumn and I wore the exact same nail polish (unintentional)
- Cole’s famous line, “I’m so cold my nipples are as hard as rocks” made us laugh so hard I thought our breath was going to ruin the pics (from the cold)
Share in a comment: What does your family do for photos? Do you take a yearly picture? I’d love to hear what others do.