This past weekend we had our baby shower to celebrate our little MVP, and I’m still astonished at all the love and support from everyone!
I was not a fan of the idea of having a shower at all, but my friend, Erica was particularly excited and immediately offered to be a part of planning it. Considering I have not had a baby shower in twenty years and that I gave every last baby item away I thought it would help us quite a bit and it would be nice for Craig being this is his first child (yes, twenty years…whoa…that sounds crazy).
As Erica and I were talking about it I told her that I wanted to be a part of planning the shower, but was unsure what people would think because I read many comments on the online baby boards that it was considered tacky. Erica’s response was, “Since when do you care what people think? Do what you want!” Lightbulb moment here!
Doing what we wanted was exactly what we did and I’m glad we did! It was perfect!
What My Baby Shower Taught Me
- Do what you want (couples, kids, food, favors, theme, games, music, food, invite who you want, honor family members who have past away…)
- You will forget what you registered for…possibly because he liked using the scanning machine a little too much
- Someone will give you a gift that might make you cry
- If you try and give a speech you should practice before the shower day…and pregnancy hormones may cause water works
- Something will not go as planned and that’s ok We had a plan to take photos of every guest, but that did not happen. I’m still a little bummed out about it, but I am thankful my son and Craig’s cousin were able to capture the moments that they did.
- Cupcakes are the easiest dessert ever
- Homemade gifts are the best
- Plan to take A LOT home
- Having your man with you to open gifts is the best
- RSVP…I have a new found respect for it I will admit I am terrible at RSVPing, but I have a new found respect and have promised myself not to be that person anymore.
Our shower was amazing…we loved seeing everyone excited for us and enjoyed spending the time with them! We are blessed!
The Daily Post Daily Prompt: Enlighten