Pregnancy isn’t always full of positive experiences, but I took a moment to reflect on what my top 10 best parts. This is what I came up with…
10. More to blog about: With all the excitement I have more to write about…I just have to commit to taking a specific amount of time to write per day/week.
9. Organization: I’m a pretty organized person, but now I have stepped it up a notch and started to update my lists of birthdays of family and friends–I used to be a lot more thoughtful and send cards for special occasions and now I want to make it a goal to do that again!
8. No period: Does this one need much explaining?
7. Another excuse to take pictures: I enjoy taking photos, and another reason just makes it even better! I have very few photos of my previous pregnancies, and this one being my last means I will take tons! I’m sure I will drive some nuts with them all, but I’m excited and proud of my growing, healthy baby…and body.
6. A reason to buy new clothes…and shoes….and bras: Even if I’m not a huge fan of maternity clothes I do like buying new clothes…I have been able to find quite a few items that I like to wear, and I will be needing to stock up on some winter items too! Since I’m on my feet all day teaching I *had* to go shoe shopping too. I’ve found that sketchers have some really comfortable shoes and some of them are cute! I did have to break down and buy new bras which I didn’t want to do at first, but I’m much more comfortable now—that could explain why my moods have leveled off lately?!?!
5. Learning more about my body: I have learned more about my body by being pregnant this time around than I have ever. I have more of an interest in learning about what is going on, so I research everything. I now realize that the cramping I usually feel mid-cycle is actually ovulation, I know the difference between an ovary and follicle, what the placenta vs. uterus is, and even the various theories of gender swaying and prediction—I became a bit obsessed with reading all about those!
4. Presents: Who doesn’t love presents? I have received maternity clothes, a mani-pedi gift certificate, a homemade blanket, packages in the mail of goodies for our little one, and bags of baby clothes that will be a huge help! I’m a lover of those fun types of surprises, so they are definitely one of the best parts of being pregnant!
3. People (including students) are generally nicer: Maybe I’m imagining it, but students and co-workers seem a lot more friendly. Even strangers spark up conversations and smile more than usual. Who can be mean to a pregnant woman I guess? Friendly people means one happy pregnant momma!
2. People are more likely to go out of their way to give you what you want…cravings: Not that I abuse the perk, but I do enjoy being given what I want, when I want it…man I have a penchant for those Tim Horton’s blueberry muffins! Craig is picking one up on his way home from work as I type this. Now if I can convince my mom to make her lemon poppy seed bread…hmmm…is she reading?
1. Realizing there is a little life growing inside…beyond amazing: Taking a moment to really think about the life growing inside, the miracle of it all, how I’m chosen to carry this tiny life, wow…God is great! Feeling his movements is precious, but most moms know there is that uncomfortable feeling my cousin Brittany describes perfectly when she said, “the worst is when he will literally feel like his foot is coming out of your va-j!”
On that note…my next post just might be about the struggles of being pregnant.
Share in a comment: What is your top favorite part about being pregnant or having been pregnant?