This pregnancy I was obsessed with trying to determine if I was carrying a boy or girl. I searched every symptom, myth, and old wives tale to try and figure it out as early as possible.
Here is a list of what the internet told me and what I experienced…
1. If you are moody, you are having a girl because of all the extra female hormones.
I am incredibly moody…and my HCG levels were really high which made me think girl
2. It’s a girl if your left breast is larger than your right breast. It’s a boy if your right breast is larger than your left breast.
They are both bigger…I can’t tell if one is larger than the other
3. If your urine is bright yellow, it’s a boy. A dull yellow means a girl.
It is only bright after taking my prenatal vitamin…other than that dull—I’ve never inspected my urine so much in my life!
4. No morning sickness, it’s a boy. A girl if you were sick or nauseous during your pregnancy.
Zero morning sickness
5. A heart rate over 140 beats per minute(bpm), it’s a girl. A boy’s heart beat is slower.
June 30th heartbeat was 166
August 9th heartbeat was 160
6. If you crave salty foods it’s a boy. If you crave sweets then it’s a girl.
I haven’t craved too much, so this one is difficult.
7. It’s a girl if you get acne due to the increased levels of the female charged hormones. A girl steals her mother’s beauty.
I don’t have acne at all. A few pimples and breakouts here and there, but nothing major.
8. You have dry hands; it’s a boy.
No dry hands
9. More hair on your legs than normal, count on a boy.
I have never watched the hair on my legs grow as closely as I did to try and figure out the gender…I actually think my hair is growing slower than usual…haha!
10. If you’re carrying low, it’s a boy. If you’re carrying high, it’s a girl.
This one is difficult too…I’d say carrying high?
I oozed with even more curiosity after learning about the Ramzi Theory and Skull Theory. Both were correct for me, but I urge you to just use it for fun!
We then had the advanced testing that was offered which looks at the chromosomes for any abnormalities, and with that the gender is also determined. We were able to find out that we are in fact expecting a BOY!!
After finding out the news we found some blue smoke bombs and convinced my twelve year old to snap a few pictures for us.
Two of our favs…
A few more she snapped…such a wonderful job for a twelve year old!
Some bloopers that might give you a good laugh. I told him that the smoke bomb was too close (or did I tell him that it was too far and to put it closer)…it ended up shooting little pieces all over us and burned a hole in my dress. We laughed about it and had a lot of fun though!
Were you obsessed with the gender of your baby while pregnant? What ways did you try and determine the gender? Was your instinct correct?