Over the past few months I have taken steps to refocus my mind and create a vision that is a bit clearer on what I want for my future. I thought of myself as a victim to circumstances in my past and I needed to stop that thought process to grow and move forward. Using the Law of Attraction I implemented strategies to bring about positive change…if you are looking to improve your life try one, some, or all of my top ten. Adjust them to your life, style, and needs.
Here are my top strategies I recommend…stay along for the ride and see what comes from it. I’ve already had amazing success!
1. Vision Board
- I created a vision board to display my goals using magazine clippings, google images, photos, and scrapbook supplies
- I created goals for: career, home, love, family, fun
- When I started the vision board I was not sure what each of my goals would be, but they became clearer through the process
- The vision board is hung in our kitchen and I also took a photo of it using my phone to look at throughout the day
2. Vision Story
- To make my vision even stronger I wrote a vision story in addition to the vision board
- The goal is to read it every day and make edits and additions to include more vivid descriptions
- I have been listening to several different videos on youtube on affirmations/incantations, so decided it was time to join the club and begin
- I spend time each day reading a list of affirmations I have created for my life
- I use a free app on my phone called “Positive Thinking” (this isn’t the best, but it does send me notifications throughout the day that keep me focused)
4. Family Gratitude/Memory Journal
- Using a sketchbook from the craft store and some colored pens: once a week we break it out at dinner to go around the table and write what we are thankful for in it and/or a memory from the week
- This gives us all time to make sure we are thinking about the good experiences we have had
- I have also done this on Thanksgiving in the past and had everyone sign a scrapbook page and add their favorite part of the meal and what they are thankful for
- A hand written thank you note to someone (I do this weekly)
- Perform a random act of kindness (pay for the person behind you in a drive through, bring in baked goods to a co-worker, put a note in your child’s backpack, use your talent to help someone else in need…
6. Be Mindful of your Thoughts
- When negative thoughts begin tell yourself to switch the topic to something positive (for example: when you begin to think negatively about a co-worker, think of what they do well or when you begin to tell yourself that you look terrible, tell yourself how beautiful you are, when you are driving think what a smooth commute it is rather than how much traffic there is)
- I have always believed that what we put in our bodies influences us and that includes music
- I have been trying to make sure that the music I listen to is positive and makes me feel good…this is a challenge sometimes because I have a wide range of music I enjoy which sometimes have an angry vibe to it
8. Body Language
- After watching a TED Talk about body language I’ve been making changes in this department as well
- “Your body language shapes who you are” by Amy Cuddy
9. Healthier Eating
- Plan the menu of meals for the week and shop ahead of time rather than trying to throw together a quick meal
- Plan and prep meals to take to work the night before (fruits, veggies, chicken, brown rice, overnight oats, granola bars…)
- Vitamins: talk to your doctor about vitamins that may benefit you (huge difference for me with taking them)
10. Treat Yourself
- If you have never had a facial…treat yourself! Oh my! You must!
- Treat yourself to a subscription box…I love them and am excited when the mail comes now! I subscribe to a Walmart Beauty Box, Sephora Play, and Fabfitfun.
- I highly recommend Fabfitfun!! You receive box in the mail with a variety of surprises in it. I may do a blog just on one of these because they are phenomenal! I even recycled the box to make one for my boyfriend as a surprise. Click here for a 20%discount
The Law of Attraction must have brought you here for a reason…
Thoughts? Ideas? Comments?