Saturday was the last class of my central office course to earn my certification in educational administration. What a feeling of accomplishment! When I began the program I had doubts because I was teaching at a not-for-profit, private school rather than a public school and felt I lacked some of the knowledge many of my classmates had. Through the program I learned quite a bit, gained confidence, met some wonderful people, and discovered more about myself.
Five qualities I revealed about myself:
- Establishing and building relationships is a strength for me
- Finding the right fit where to teach makes all the difference…I’m where I belong!
- I have a slight obsession with to-to lists
- My diverse experiences are an advantage to me
- Pushing myself out of my comfort zone helps me grow
It is important to reflect on the challenges we face, and what we have learned from them. What challenge have you faced? What did you discover about yourself?